We're just getting into all kinds of crazy stuff down in good 'ole
Montevarchi!
Last week's scambio (exchange): So I got to go to Pisa with Sorella
Bennett. It was so much fun! She is working in a ward and it was really nice to
have SO many people to see again. Because we're in a small branch we spend a
whole lot more time finding through our own efforts-- not a bad thing, just a
difference in area. We visited with one of their investigators in the morning
who is going through a really hard time in her life but wants to be baptized so
bad. She is struggling to get away from her past and stop smoking. We read with
her the famous Alma 7:11-13 but we continued on to read 14-16 as well. It was
really powerful. The best part was "I say unto you come and fear not." We
promised her that through the help of her Savior she really can win any battle.
But she needs to trust and not be afraid!
Later that afternoon we had an amazing lesson on some picnic benches with
like 5 men hahaha It was so funny! We were teaching them about eternal families
and the restoration of the priesthood. Two of them became new investigators and
asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon to be able to read it and pray about it.
It was a blast :)
On Thursday we met with a member who just recently started coming to
church. She has been in Italy for a few months and is originally from Brazil.
She has a son serving a mission in Brazil. She has been having a really hard
time here, though, and can't find a job. She turned a job down the day before
because she was going to work every Sunday but she said she needed to go to
church. I was so pumped to find out that Meagan had found a job and I knew it
was because of her service and that I had been fasting and praying for her as
well. We told her that the Lord knows of her situation and that she sent her son
on a mission and the Lord does not forget that. All of a sudden her phone rang.
She got a call and was offered a job right then. We said a prayer to close the
lesson because they wanted her to start that night. Wow! We read with her Ether
12:6. She had shown her faith and was able to see miracles! I know that God
hears and answers our prayers. When we are obedient God is bound to His promise
to bless us. We need to show our faith and trust in Him.
I love you all so much! The Lord is blessing every part of the vineyard, I
know, but I'm really grateful to be here right now, serving the Lord!
It's the month of invites!!!! Who are you inviting!?
Take care!!! Love,
Sorella Jarvis
Enjoy the pics :)
We went to the Cinque Terre again... The 5 Lands...
With Sorella Condie
|
Last one-- me and Luigi
|
No comments:
Post a Comment